Hi junkie,

Sorry... didn't see your post with the 'a' and 'b' parts...

So, are you saying then that the ExtendedFormAuthenticator will ONLY put
j_username and j_password in the session if the user is redirected to the login
error page? What is the point of that?

That's not how I interpretted it... I thought it put j_username and j_password
into the session regardless of whether the login attempt was successful or not.
I thought the only difference was that if the login is not successful then the
exception is made accessible and placed into the session so that you can
display an appropriate reason for the login failure.

Let me just clarify again.....

I have a valid user, who has logged in using Form Authentication and the
DatabaseServerLoginModule. Is there a way to get that user's USERNAME and
PASSWORD as I need to use them within my webapp?

Cheers
Paul.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3948149#3948149