Ok, here goes. Imagine a trading portal (the project I'm currently working on
;-) where buyers, sellers, and producers come together to trade goods and
services. Depending on the portal role, each person has different portlets that
they can see.

The simplest use case in this portal application is browsing a category tree
(myfaces' tree2) in one portlet and having the products of that category
displayed on another portlet. If it was one web-application (and it used to be)
the pageflow definitions were perfect. However, now we can't use the pageflow
navigation for the last node anymore and have to programmatically pass the
selected category into IPC so that the target portlet knows which category was
selected.

Again if i click on one of the products I might want to see the detailed view,
however in current seam implementation these details must be displayed in the
same portlet window, because I can't @Out the selected product into another
portlet.

Having written this (and confused even myself) I think that what I really want
is being able to @Out variables into the Interportlet Communication API for use
with other portlets in the portal :-)

Yes, that's it! The pageflow I mentioned earlier would be a beautiful goodie,
too, though.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3949170#3949170

Reply to the post :