It should just be a Servlet wrapping the JMX Agent[s],
reusing all the HTTP code present in the Servlet
container.

Then you could simply stick some declarative security
into it's web.xml - however, AFAIK, it isn't !

I haven't given it much thought - but there is
probably a good reason why it isn't...... I guess sun
figured that people would want to use it without a web
container - but they should package it as a webapp to.

What can you do ! :-)

Jules

On a related note, I like the JMX management