Hi, thanks for your anser.

I perfectly understand what's going on in my example. It's not that I don't
agree with your general way of reasoning. I just feel it's missplaced in the
context of servlet apps. I feel that there's no point in being able to specify
CLIENT-CERT instead of BASIC AUTH, once you make that dependent on a transport
layer concept (the connector) instead of an applicational one (the deployment
descriptor). The confusion between client (transport) and user (applicational)
was not my idea. It's in the spec, or at least in my reading of the spec.
That's my point.
However, it seems that I'm going to have to live with this so am going forward
in the direction of separate connectors. Hope I'm able to make that work
somehow. Will scan these forums for a similar attempt. Thank you very much for
your time and good will.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3949350#3949350

Reply to the post :