Hi ,
         Yeah  I am using thin driver .  I was using  oracle thin driver for 9i
. Now I have changed to 10g  driver . I have checked the way JBoss writes a
blob . It not the way oracle expects it to be :

Oracle?s way to write a Blob through a JDBC code  is a  TWO Step procedure :
                       Step 1) Insert a row into TABLE with  LOB column values
initialized to empty.
                       Step 2) Retrieve the row just inserted and lock it for
insertion of the LOB column. Open output stream for the Blob and then write to
it.

JBoss does not follow this two step procedure . It inserts in one shot .

.

Does using 10g driver solve this problem ?
With the 9i dirver the JBoss was able to write a max of  4000 bytes . Now I am
not sure with 10g driver what will be the limit .

Thanks ,
Alok.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3949523#3949523