Just to clarify some of the assumptions  and also I think I am starting to
understand the issue a little deeper, so in a way I am attempting to answer my
own question.

In JBoss MDBs are not clustered. They are just message listeners. We can
configure various load balancing policies on Queues and Topics, but we don'r
have something like true in jboss.xml as we do for EJBs (other then MDB)

So I guess in the way it answers the question. However, it doesn't solve the
problem unless:

1. You change your implementation from Topic to Queue.  This way due to the
nature of the queue your message will not be retrieved more then once. And with
configuring load balancing to do RoundRobin, it is interesting to observer how
each server in the cluster is participating in the process.
2. If (due to your application requirements) you still have to choose Topic
over Queue, then deploying MDB as singleton, solves the issue as well. This way
it failsover with HA-JMS

Which one is better, I believe it would depend on the requirement of your
application.

Regards

Oleg

View the original post :