Hi,
the Problem is that when I use the jar with persistence.xml it  says:

  | ObjectName: jboss.jca:name=jdbc/MYDB,service=ManagedConnectionFactory
  |   State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |   Depends On Me:
  |     persistence.units:jar=EJBTest2EJB.jar,unitName=entwDS

I used to use the hibernate-service.xml (ejb.har) and a
hibernat.cfg.xml(ejb.jar) in my Application (App.ear). With a Utility class I
build the SessionFactory and used it in my beans. The DataSource was defined in
a mydata-ds.xml, which defines an oracle db as a Datasource. The entity beans
are mapped via a MyEntity.hbm.xml.  In that scenario all works fine concerning
this matter (all ejb 3).

Now,
I wanted to go towards using the annotations in the Entity classes and use a
persistence.xml file for the persicetence-unit to see how this works and make
things easier. My setup is basicly like the one in the ejb3 trailblaizer (more
or less).
 I just use a jar file, which contains all the classes and has a
persistence.xml in its META-INF (and an empty ejb-jar.xml). The persistence.xml
has the same properties set as in the hibernate.cfg.xml.
As it JTA-data-source it uses the ds (java:/jdbc/MYDB) defined in the
mydata-ds.xml (which is always deployed, not part of the jar).

It seems it cant use the DataSource which works for the alternative approach.
The only thing that I see is that the bound datasource has:
service=DataSourceBinding and not service=ManagedConnectionFactory:
14:23:00,250 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jb
  | oss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=/jdbc/OLGAENTW' to JNDI name
'java:/jdbc/
  | OLGAENTW'
So what am I missing in the config ? I read all the docu and trail blaizer and
all that they say, I thing do: have your jar with its persistence.xml and a
*-ds.xml for your data sources and of course use the correct names defined.

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3950842#3950842

Reply to the post :