I would re-install the JVM to some place other than Program Files.  I know that
it wants to install there by default, but I change it to install elsewhere (on
my laptop, it is at c:\apps\jdk1.5.0_06).  Spaces in file/directory names gives
some Java code fits.

If that doesn't work, post the full command window output from running run.bat.

Another thought.  Did you first cd to the c:\jboss-4.0.4.GA\bin and then run
run.bat?  Did you make any changes to run.bat?  Also, how did you install jboss
- by unzipping the zip file or by running installer.jar?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3951342#3951342

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3951342