"jelevy01" wrote : ;) saw you message on the Log4j Mailing list.

  | Anyways, are you sure your app is loading it's configuration from this
log4j.xml?

  | Try turning debug on in just this log4j.xml  to confirm.
  |
  | Jeremy

I figured I'd try both places, just in case.

Yes I am positive my configuration is being loaded. The daily log file appender
writes the logs to a directory way outside of the jboss server logs (specified
by an init parameter to a listener via web.xml and then set in the
log4j.log.dir system parameter). I also changed the pattern layout slightly to
trim all leading package info off the class name in the log and that was
reflected.

Also, the debug flag is already set to true, but JBoss doesn't log the
debugging info that log4j emits that I saw when I wrote a simple test app.
Where does this normally go? It's not in server.log.

Thanks

Chris

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3951377#3951377