Oops, things were quite not the way I first described them: it looks like the
Schedulable class that is invoked has never a way to retrieve the ejb home,
except that these Homes are cached (the lookup took place in a helper class),
so that later retries didn't need to lookup the jndi context, but found the ejb
Home in the cache.
Sorry for the mis-post.
The question can now be changed into: is there a way for the Schedulable class
to access the jndi context where the ejbs are bound?
This what the "java:/" context in the Schedulable class contains:
- jaas (instance of javax.naming.Context)
  | - TransactionPropagationContextImporter (instance of
org.jboss.tm.TransactionPropagationContextImporter)
  | - JmsXA (instance of
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsConnectionFactoryImpl)
  | - JBossCorbaNaming (instance of org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExt)
  | - DefaultDS (instance of org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)
  | - StdJMSPool (instance of org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSessionPoolFactory)
  | - TransactionManager (instance of org.jboss.tm.TxManager)
  | - JBossCorbaPOA (instance of org.omg.PortableServer.POA)
  | - TransactionPropagationContextExporter (instance of
org.jboss.tm.TransactionPropagationContextFactory)
  | - ConnectionFactory (instance of org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory)
  | - jdbc (instance of org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  | - DefaultJMSProvider (instance of org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter)
  | - XAConnectionFactory (instance of org.jboss.mq.SpyXAConnectionFactory)
  | - JBossCorbaInterfaceRepositoryPOA (instance of org.omg.PortableServer.POA)
  | - Mail (instance of javax.mail.Session)
  | - JBossCorbaORB (instance of org.omg.CORBA.ORB)
  | - timedCacheFactory (instance of javax.naming.Context)
  | - SecurityProxyFactory (instance of
org.jboss.security.SubjectSecurityProxyFactory)
  | - comp (instance of javax.naming.Context)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3951642#3951642

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3951642