Is there a way to tell Seam that we don't want it to instantiate Seam-managed
variables automatically?

Basically, what I have is the following:

@Entity
  | @Name("currentUser")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Roles({
  |         @Role(name="loginUser", scope=ScopeType.EVENT),
  |         @Role(name="newUser", scope=ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  |     })
  | public class User implements Serializable {...

In other words, I am using the same "User" entity for the current logged user,
for the login process, and for the create user process.

I would like to know if a user is logged in by or not by setting the
"currentUser" variable to the current user or to null. However, Seam always
instantiates "currentUser".

This seems to happen when the "login.xhtml" part of the view is rendered, since
there I check for the currentUser (in order to display the login box or not)...

    <c:when test="#{currentUser == null}">

This condition never happens, even if I set currentUser = null in my code and
outject the variable.

Can I tell Seam not to instantiate "currentUser" automatically?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3951736#3951736

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3951736