Hi Thomas,

I'm working on the same issue for a while - asking this many times here without
a clear answer or solution. What I have found out so far, you can do (assuming
you have a PU "default" in your persistence.xml):

  | Map<String,String> map = new HashMap<String,String>();
  | map.put( "hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto", "update");
  | map.put( "hibernate.dialect", "org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect");
  | map.put( "hibernate.connection.provider_class",
"org.hibernate.ejb.connection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider");
  | map.put( "hibernate.cache.provider_class",
"org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TreeCacheProviderHook");
  | map.put( "hibernate.treecache.mbean.object_name",
"jboss.cache:service=EJB3EntityTreeCache");

  | // ignored - set explicit below
  | // map.put( "javax.persistence.jtaDataSource", "java:/anotherDS");
  |
  | InitialContext jndi = new InitialContext();
  | DataSource ds = (DataSource) jndi.lookup( "java:/anotherDS");
  |
  | Ejb3Configuration cfg = new Ejb3Configuration();
  | cfg.setDataSource( ds);
  |
  | // this works ! tables in db are created.
  | // but using returned em later result in a "no transaction" exception.
  | EntityManagerFactory emf = cfg.createEntityManagerFactory( "default", map);
  |

  | EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();
  | // error !
  | em.persist( ...);

as far as I understand, with this you can only get an application managed em
(non JTA), where you have to begin and commit your tx yourselve. It is not an
container managed em.

so I guess this requierement is not covered in ejb3 yet, although it is imho
usual and important.

andy

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3951861#3951861