Yes,  it is the 1.2.4SP2 package (sorry for the late reply).

I got it to work (more or less) with  1.2.4sp2 with this config:

  | <server>
  | <!-- Pesimistic is extremley slow,  OPTIMISTIC only > 1.3.0 -->
  |         <attribute name="NodeLockingScheme">PESSIMISTIC</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="IsolationLevel">REPEATABLE_READ</attribute>
  |         <!-- This works for 1.2.4.sp2 -->
  |     <attribute name="CacheMode">REPL_ASYNC</attribute>
  |     <!-- Seems to be unknown in 1.2.4sp2
  |         <attribute name="FetchInMemoryState">false</attribute>
  |     -->
  |     </mbean>
  | </server>

I would like to use a cache >= 1.3.0 though, so
when I use the 1.3.0sp2 hibernate-recommended-config.xml (only modified the
name of the cache) and the 1.3.0.sp2 chache (jboss-cache-jdk50.jar) I get this
error:

  | 16:51:44,625 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service
jboss.j2ee:ear=t
  | estEJB.ear,jar=testEJB.jar,name=NatPersLstSFBean,service=EJB3
  | java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
eviction_policy_provider  at
org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper.startService(ServiceDelegateWra
  | pper.java:105)    at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanS
  | upport.java:289)  at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMB
  | eanSupport.java:245)
  |         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |         at
  | sorImpl.java:25)
  | org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
  |         at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:482)
  |         at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:362)
  |         at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:200)
  |         at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:464)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
  | Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: eviction_policy_provider
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb3.cache.tree.PassivationTreeCache.getEvictionPolicy(Pass
  | ivationTreeCache.java:42)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb3.cache.tree.StatefulTreeCache.initialize(StatefulTreeCa
  | che.java:164)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulContainer.start(StatefulContainer.jav
  | a:87)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at
  | java:39)
  |         at
  | sorImpl.java:25)
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper.startService(ServiceDelegateWra
  | pper.java:99)
  |         ... 138 more

the hibernate.cfg.xml cache part is

  | <property
name="cache.provider_class">org.jboss.hibernate.cache.DeployedTreeCacheProvider</property>
  |             <property
name="treecache.mbean.object_name">jboss.cache:service=HibernateTreeCache</property>.

Did I again miss something ? It seems like its looking for a
"eviction_policy_provider" but I could'nt find anything about this in the wiki,
doc or the forum besides the standart config, which I also tried to add to the
hibernate-recommended-config.xml, since this one doesnt define one in the
attributes.
Sincerly
marc

View the original post :