We totally agree with you, and we (actually Stan Silvert) currently have an
experimental JSF fork where we have been playing with this and other ideas with
a view to contributing back to the RI and spec. I'm not sure if Stan finished
implementing this yet, but the syntax we proposed was:

<h:commandLink action="#{myBean.process(3, 2, anotherBean.name)}" />

for method bindings.

Another thing we have in our fork is support for navigation rules like:

<navigation-case>
  |    <from-action>#{searchAction.search}</from-action>
  |    <to-view-id>/index.jsp</to-view-id>
  |    <redirect>
  |       <redirect-param-name>searchPattern</redirect-param-name>

<redirect-param-value>#{searchAction.searchPattern}</redirect-param-value>
  |    </redirect>
  | </navigation-case>
  |   |
  |   | Unfortunately, it is not possible do support either of these things
without changes to JSF.
  |   |
  |   | Now, it is possible that we (JBoss) might decide to provide
production-usable builds of our JSF fork, but the trouble with that is it would
be seen to be in competition with the RI and MYFaces, which is somewhere we
don't really want to be.
  |   |

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3952503#3952503