Hi there,

I have a cluster with two nodes, with hajndi and httpha-invoker deployed
normally, and jbossmq and jbossmq-httpil deployed as singleton service, as
described in the clustering documentation.

For my web applications, my clients connect to a reverse proxy: apache with
mod_jk load-balancing between my two nodes. This works for the httpha-invoker,
too, by specifying the name of the reverse proxy as InvokerURL for the
JMXInvokerHAServlet.

My client can now connect to https://rproxy/invoker/HAJNDIFactorySSL, and it
gets a stub for https://rproxy/invoker/JMXInvokerHAServlet, which will be
load-balanced to either node.

The jbossmq-httpil service however, is deployed as a singleton, so if I lookup
HTTPConnectionFactory in the HAJNDI context, I get a stub that only works on
the master node. But, since my client always connects through the reverse
proxy, I have to specify the reverse proxy in the URL for the
HTTPServerILService. The stub I get then refers to
http://rproxy/jbossmq-httpil/HTTPServerILServlet. The rproxy doesn't know from
the URL which node it has to connect to, so it will half the time connect to
the one which isn't the master, and my connection will fail.

Should I deploy the jbossmq-httpil service on different URL's for both nodes,
so the reverse proxy will only connect to the master node? And how do I do this?

PS: I'm on JBoss-4.0.3sp1

Thanks in advance,
greyfairer.

View the original post :