Ok the point is that a factor of 10 or so is indicative of a non-optimized
run and thus a poor packaging that trip the classloaders.

The poor setup comes from confusion in the classes in the war and ear or
duplication of the classes and what not.  Just the simple test you mention
david runs 10 times faster.

BTW the line I was talking in the ContainerInvoker that I removed for JBoss
3.0 is the one that is making his tests fail and I wanted to remove it for
_exactly_ this reason.

Guys setup the supposedly integrated stacks, then the classes are not the
same in teh different classloaders or are not present in the EJB package or
go figure what he runs and it runs non-optimized as a result.

Bottom line he trolls crying about performance. (no offense man we just had
this discussion on why this particular category of problem appears). So next
he will see "classcast exception" and won't worry about perf.

Then running Resin outside stack is just the non-optimized run and tells you
exactly what you need to know :) that the throughput when you serialize
everything is 25 (minor gain over NON optimized tomcat).

If the throughput was optimized you would see at least a factor of ten
depending on the payload of his invocations which seems heavy anyhow hence a
real native pointer stack would run above that.

Are we clear? the goal is get the classes PACKAGING right, make sure the
classes you reference are the one and same

marcf

PS: Also david you can see that advanced classloaders here would really
help, we would get rid of this packaging nightmare and non-sense once and
for all.  THIS CLASS OF PROBLEM WOULD BE GONE, NO USER LIBERTY TO SCREW IT.
To be honest I am not even sure I know on the top of my head how to package
the stuff sure-fire so that you run always invm and since that test masks
the problem he is fucked, he can't tell easily as we silently run with
un=proper package.  Let the engine blow.  Running Resin is also brain-dead
he is always running out of VM.  Also here Orion uses the same classloaders
when running INVM through and through hence running optimized even if the
packaging is funky, we don't have that luxury today due to 3rd party
integration that will be gone with the above and/or integration of stacks cl
ala jetty.  Bottom line the simplest in this case is to run 1- good package
2- same package on forthcoming 3.0 :)