Hello Everyone,

I have following setup, WindowsXP, jboss-4.0.4.CR2, MyEclipse IDE and completed
developing small inventory program which has following entity

Category (1-------Many)Product
Product(1-----------One)Unit
Movement(1-------Many)Product
MovementDocument(1----Many)Movement
(some more documents with dependencies)

The entities, session bean(stateless) works perfect. I have about 3000 products
(expected to grow in double size in a month or two), 500 Categories, and about
50,000 movement lines.

To add new product: manager.persist(product) takes less than one second (not
measure though) buts its update which takes about 30 to 120 seconds. Clearly a
bottleneck in the application, here is the code to update Product:

  | manager.merge(product);
  | manager.find(Product.class, product.getProductNo);

After reading some other threads, i made few corrections in the code like
changing all Collection to Set, making all relation LAZY load, removing
clustering from JBoss and this has achieved a better result where above
mentioned update code now takes 10 secs approx.

Changing the JVM setting as per thread
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=85517 make things
worst and the udpate time almost doubles.

Can anyone help me to fine tune my code or JBoss to acheive more industry
standard performance.

I'll appreciate anyone help.

Thanks
Murtuza