Hello, I got a great response to my puzzle last time from Jboss devs so I'm
going to try my luck here again.

I'm using JbossWS to set up a couple of rpc-style web services, and thus far
have been quite impressed with the ease of development and reliability of it.

My specific question is thus:

Usring RPCstyle web services, I have a soap service expecting a number of
parameters.

A synopsis of the parameters I'm expecting are like this:
<ns1:functionname>
<String_1>Some text </String_1>
<double_2>12.34</double_2>
<String_3>Some other text</String_3>
</ns1:functionname>
However, sometimes one of the clients I have to serve to sends me requests like
this:

<ns1:functionname>
<String_1>Some text</String_1>
<double_2 href="#id0" />
<String_3>Some other text</String_3>
</ns1:functionname>
<multiRef id='id0' soapenc:root='0' xsi:type='xsd:double'>12.34

When this occurs, my program returns an Empty String soapfault and the service
complains of a SOAP request exception for a
java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String

Can somebody please recommend a simple solution or workaround for this problem?
Your attention is thoroughly appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3954144#3954144

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3954144