Hi
I'm using SQL Server 2005 data base and I configured the data source in
sql-ds.xml for jboss , the config contents are as follows

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>CEDDS</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://10.239.5.159\SQLEXPRESS:1433;DatabaseName=1ced1</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>ced</user-name>
    ced
    <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
        <max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>
        <!-- sql to call when connection is created -->
        <new-connection-sql>select getdate()</new-connection-sql>
        <!-- -->

        <!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained
from pool
                This will be run before a managed connection is removed from
the pool
        for use by a client-->
                <check-valid-connection-sql>select
1</check-valid-connection-sql>        -->

      <!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml
(optional) -->
      <!-- metadata>
         <type-mapping>SQL</type-mapping>
      </metadata-->
  </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources

I started the server , when I'm trying to get a connection from jboss
connection pool,  I'm getting followin error

org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested
throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for
user 'ced'.); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException:
Could not create connection; - nested throwable:
(com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'ced'.))

but I'm able to get a connection with a   simple java class using same user id
& password .. but I'm unable to get a connection from jboss connection pooling.
Can any one help me out to fix the same?
Thanks in Advance
Ramesh

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3954367#3954367