Hi all,

I think i got it running, but i dont find the actual index !

I tried my self on a minimal example (the very first example of the Oreilly
EJB3 Book:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jboss/oreilly-ejb3-workbook_for_jboss404_GA.zip?download

Then, I copied lucene-core-2.0.0.jar to "server/default/lib" .

Then, I added these lines to persistence.xml

  |      <property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-commit-update"
value="org.hibernate.lucene.event.LuceneEventListener"/>
  |      <property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-commit-insert"
value="org.hibernate.lucene.event.LuceneEventListener"/>
  |      <property name="hibernate.ejb.event.post-commit-delete"
value="org.hibernate.lucene.event.LuceneEventListener"/>
  |      <property name="hibernate.lucene.index_dir" value="/tmp/indexes"/>

Then, I added the annotations to my domain class like this:

  | @Entity
  | @Indexed(index="cabinindex")
  | @Table(name="CABIN")
  | public class Cabin implements java.io.Serializable
  | {
  |     private int id;
  |     private String name;
  |     private int deckLevel;
  |     private int shipId;
  |     private int bedCount;
  |
  |     @Id
  |     @Column(name="ID")
  |     @Keyword(id=true)
  |     public int getId()
  |     {
  |     return id;
  |     }
  |     public void setId(int pk)
  |     {
  |     id = pk;
  |     }
  |
  |     @Column(name="NAME")
  |     @Text(name="NAME")
  |     public String getName()
  |     {
  |         return name;
  |     }
  |     public void setName(String str)
  |     {
  |     name = str;
  |     }

Everything compiled fine (of course i imported the corresponding package). Then
created /tmp/indexes by hand. When deploying, server log says:

  | 17:10:14,619 INFO  [LuceneEventListener] Setting index dir to /tmp/indexes
  | 17:10:14,620 INFO  [LuceneEventListener] index: /tmp/indexes/cabinindex
  | 17:10:14,620 INFO  [LuceneEventListener] Setting index dir to /tmp/indexes
  | 17:10:14,621 INFO  [LuceneEventListener] index: /tmp/indexes/cabinindex
  | 17:10:14,621 INFO  [LuceneEventListener] Setting index dir to /tmp/indexes
  | 17:10:14,622 INFO  [LuceneEventListener] index: /tmp/indexes/cabinindex
  | 17:10:14,622 INFO  [SessionFactoryImpl] building session factory
  | 17:10:14,641 INFO  [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Not binding factory to
JNDI, no JNDI name configured

This tells me that the configuration seems to work.

But (and heres my problem), when running the client, which persists a cabin, no
index is appearing, no error messages, nothing. "/tmp/indexes" is empty.

If i had an index, i would like to inspect it with "luke", but until now now
success.

Can anyone help me out with this? And: Has anyone got it running? I cant find
anything helpful on the net on this topic ...

TIA, Sebastian

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3954414#3954414

Reply to the post :