Model update is a JSF lifecycle phase, it has nothing to do with entity
persistence.

I've found model update errors often occur when the object it refers to is
null, but I would suggest using the debugger to find out more

Depending on the setting of hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto in persistence.xml the table
will be auto created e.g.
<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="create-drop" />
will result in the database tables being dopped and created according to the
EJB3 persistence annotations when the ear is deployed.

JBoss limits apache (tomcat, myfaces) to info as otherwise it is *extremely*
verbose.  You can alter it in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/log4j.xml

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3954417#3954417

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3954417