Hi all,

I am facing the same problem with JBoss 4.0.4GA, EJB3.0 option and activeMQ
4.0.1

My configuratioin is quite similar and I am running into the same JMSException.
The stack trace is looking a bit differetn though:

javax.jms.JMSException: Not Supported.
  |         at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ManagedConnectionProxy.createConnectionConsumer(ManagedConnectionProxy.java:221)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreateQueue(MDB.java:424)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreate(MDB.java:347)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerStart(MDB.java:225)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.start(MDB.java:214)
  |
  | and later
  |
  | javax.jms.JMSException: Not Supported.
  |         at
org.apache.activemq.ra.ManagedConnectionProxy.createConnectionConsumer(ManagedConnectionProxy.java:221)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreateQueue(MDB.java:424)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreate(MDB.java:347)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerStart(MDB.java:225)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB$ExceptionListenerImpl.onException(MDB.java:1133)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB$1.run(MDB.java:237)

The method called (createConnectionConsumer()) is an optional operation. Why
does JBoss depend on it?

Having a look at the JBoss EJB3 code a FIXME statement is really distracting
(org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.java: line 405 ff):

  |       // FIXME: This is not portable, only works for JBossMQ
  |       if (queue == null)
  |          queue = (Queue) createDestination(Queue.class,
  |                  context,
  |                  "queue/" + jndiSuffix,
  |                  jndiSuffix);
  |

  |       if (queue != null)
  |       {
  |          // set up the server session pool
  |          serverSessionPool = createSessionPool(queue,
  |                  qConnection,
  |                  true, // tx
  |                  acknowledgeMode.ordinal(),
  |                  new MessageListenerImpl(this));
  |          log.debug("Server session pool: " + pool);
  |
  |          // create the connection consumer
  |          connectionConsumer =
  |                  qConnection.createConnectionConsumer(queue,
  |                          config.getMessageSelector(),
  |                          serverSessionPool,
  |                          config.getMaxMessages());
  |          log.debug("Connection consumer: " + connectionConsumer);
  |       }

Any ideas or comments on this?

Greetings and Thanks,

Patrick