I am also having some issues with JBoss Collaboration server MQ's.  I am trying
to "lock down" the queues, and context but am a little lost.

I am using the user roles properties file

It has two users

there roles are listed as such...
user1=calendaruser,adminuser
user2=calendaruser,adminuser

and they have the reqd password/user file

so now I see I can change this...
  <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |      name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=testQueue">
  |     <depends
optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |     <depends
optional-attribute-name="SecurityManager">jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager</depends>
  |     <attribute name="MessageCounterHistoryDayLimit">-1</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SecurityConf">
  |       <security>
  |         <!-- <role name="guest" read="true" write="true"/> -->
  |         <role name="publisher" read="true" write="true" create="false"/>
  |         <role name="noacc" read="false" write="false" create="false"/>
  |       <!-- <role name="user2" read="true" write="false" create="false"/> -->
  |         <!-- <role name="user1" read="true" write="false" create="false"/>
-->
  |       </security>
  |     </attribute>
  |   </mbean>

I got rid of guest, which I imagine is almost as bad as the "guest" user
account in Windows XP.

>From what I interpret, whomever publishes the messages to the queue, can do
>whatever they want, someone that "noacc" (?no account?) can do nothing
>whatsoever, so how do I add access say to user1 or user2 as mentioned earlier?

I tried the above, dont laugh, but didnt work...Any insight would be greatly
appreciated, I just would like to ensure that users have to auth if visiting
the queues or context.

i'm trying roles of "acc", "username", etc but nothing is working, and trying
to google "Jboss roles", didnt come up with much

And I see, as well as you stated, that in "jbossmsq-service.xml" i could change
  <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.security.SecurityManager"
name="jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager">
  |     <attribute name="DefaultSecurityConfig">
  |       <security>
  |         <role name="guest" read="true" write="true" create="true"/>
  |       </security>
  |     </attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SecurityDomain">java:/jaas/jbossmq</attribute>
  |     <depends
optional-attribute-name="NextInterceptor">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
  |   </mbean>

would this mean, that no one could browse, search, etc the actual context
itself?  This would be very nice.  Is the means of locking down this also the
same as locking down a queue?

Any insight is extremely appreciated

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3955161#3955161