Hi there,

I am toying around with durable subscriptions, too, and ran into the same
problems. I observed the following:

anonymous wrote : You can set any property that is available in
org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDBConfig

Funny though that there is no "subscriptionDurability" property in that class.
I tried to set the present "durability" property and it look much better.
@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="Durability",propertyValue="Durable")

Next JBoss bothers about a missing subscription name. So here we go:
"echoBean")

This get's me a bit further, but I still fail due to security constraint:

  | javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: Connection not authorized to do durable
subscription on topic: testMDB
  |         at
org.jboss.mq.security.ServerSecurityInterceptor.subscribe(ServerSecurityInterceptor.java:150)
  |         at
org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor.subscribe(TracingInterceptor.java:779)
  |         at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServerInvoker.subscribe(JMSServerInvoker.java:312)
  |         at org.jboss.mq.il.jvm.JVMServerIL.subscribe(JVMServerIL.java:329)
  |         at org.jboss.mq.Connection.addConsumer(Connection.java:789)
  |         at
org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionConsumer.<init>(SpyConnectionConsumer.java:111)
  |         at
org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection.createDurableConnectionConsumer(SpyConnection.java:196)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreateTopic(MDB.java:524)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerCreate(MDB.java:342)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.innerStart(MDB.java:225)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MDB.start(MDB.java:214)

Argh. I specified a user and a password, which are definitely evaluated. But I
didn't succeeded yet in hacking my own application server :(.

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="Durability",propertyValue="Durable")

,@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="user",propertyValue="guest")

,@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="password",propertyValue="guest")

So far up to now.

Cheers,
Patrick

p.s.: I am using JBoss AS 4.0.4 GA with EJB3 option on.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3955224#3955224

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3955224