My project is using Java5 and we're trying to use JBpm with it.

I created a Delegation to Actionhandler that accepts a HashMap as a field.

The definition had;

  | <requestParams>
  | </requestParams>

This caused an exception. After looking into the code I found that in getValue,
lines 134 to 141

else if (type.isAssignableFrom(List.class)) {
  |         value = getCollection(propertyElement, new ArrayList());
  |       } else if (type.isAssignableFrom(Set.class)) {
  |         value = getCollection(propertyElement, new HashSet());
  |       } else if (type.isAssignableFrom(Collection.class)) {
  |         value = getCollection(propertyElement, new ArrayList());
  |       } else if (type.isAssignableFrom(Map.class)) {
  |         value = getMap(propertyElement, new HashMap());

In java 5 there is a problem with such check and thus this code should be:

  | else if (List.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {
  |         value = getCollection(propertyElement, new ArrayList());
  |       } else if (Set.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {
  |         value = getCollection(propertyElement, new HashSet());
  |       } else if (Collection.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {
  |         value = getCollection(propertyElement, new ArrayList());
  |       } else if (Map.class.isAssignableFrom(type)) {
  |         value = getMap(propertyElement, new HashMap());

After changing the code it worked for me....

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3955352#3955352

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3955352