It looks like one thing I could do would be to make my LoginBackingBean have a
session scope.  Then it could load the User object, which I could then
reference as loginBackingBean.user.email (to get the email address, etc).  I
guess that would work, but it seems like it would be better to just put the
user EJB directly into the session.

Although maybe there are advantages to having a Visit backing bean.  I guess
that could keep a connection to a EJB stateless session bean that would do
things like persist changes to the user.  I guess if I had a bean like Visit I
would use it in more places.

Is this the best way to go?

It seems like such an everyday thing, it's strange that there is so little
information about the best way to do this.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3955397#3955397

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3955397