I'm using the @Unwrap to return the logged in user entity (to avoid any lazy
initialization issues). However, when a user is not logged in I want the
@Unwrap method to return null, which I do, and seam ignores it.

Looking at the SeamVariableResolver class (below) line 44 correctly unwraps the
component to null. However, the variable resolver (line 46) interprets a null
value as the component not existing and then loads the seam component as a
managed bean (line 45).

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance, Peter.

  | 39   public Object resolveVariable(FacesContext facesContext, String name)
throws EvaluationException
  | 40   {
  | 41      name = name.replace('$', '.');
  | 42
  | 43      log.debug("resolving name: " + name);
  | 44      Object component = Component.getInstance(name, true);
  | 45      Object managedBean =
jsfVariableResolver.resolveVariable(facesContext, name);
  | 46      if (component==null)
  | 47      {
  | 48         if (managedBean==null)
  | 49         {
  | 50            log.debug("could not resolve name");
  | 51            return null;
  | 52         }
  | 53         else {
  | 54            log.debug("resolved name to managed bean");
  | 55            return managedBean;
  | 56         }
  | 57      }
  | 58      else
  | 59      {
  | 60         //TODO: fix and re-enable
  | 61         /*if ( managedBean!=null && managedBean!=component )
  | 62         {
  | 63            log.warn("Seam component hides managed bean with same name");
  | 64         }*/
  | 65         log.debug("resolved name to seam component");
  | 66         return component;
  | 67      }
  | 68   }

View the original post :