I'm currently developing a standalone APP that needs a mechanism by which
remote methods can be executed on individual servers in the cluster.

My initial attempt at this was to use the JGroups RpcDispatcher, but when I
used this class starting up other clusters in the node resulted in an exception
with a message which reads:
org.jboss.cache.CacheException: Initial state transfer failed:
Channel.getState() returned false

(removing the construction of the RpcDispatcher fixes the problem)

Fair enough, I figue this isn't supported with JBossCache so I'm trying to
determine how it is suggested I do this. It appears that all the
callRemoteMethod calls in Tree cache have been deprecated and the comment which
reads "this is due to be moved to an interceptor." doesn't lead me to a clear
replacement.

My questions are as follows:
1) Should JGroups RpcDispatcher work?
2) If not, what approach should I take to build this type of framwork that
utilizes the channel that JBossCache is sitting on?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3955551#3955551

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3955551