I may have misunderstood something but I have an action that needs to propogate
execution so I have defined it inside a state rather than a transition which is
what the docs appears to be suggesting. It never gets called when I put it
there though! However, if I move it to inside a transition it does get called.

Is below correct? If so, what else could I have done wrong?

  |  <state name="showLoginView">
  |       <action class="ShowLoginViewHandler"/>
  |       <transition name="" to="end"></transition>
  | </state>

Also, curious I had to put my variables as transient variables. I do not need
persistence as these processes only manage UI session level stuff and can die
after the session. However, jBPM complains that I have not defined how to
persist my objects in the database. How can I make it in-memory only?

  |             // Create a new login process running
  |             // and give it any context it may require
  |             // such as the presentation manager so
  |             // actions can add a window etc
  |             ProcessDefinition definition =
ProcessDefinition.parseXmlInputStream(getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(LOGIN_PROCESS));

  |             process =  definition.createProcessInstance();

process.getContextInstance().setTransientVariable("presentationSession", this);

  |             // start the process running in main direction
  |             process.signal("MainFlow");
  |
  |             System.out.println("*** NOW IN NODE: " +
process.getRootToken().getNode());

Thanks in advance,
John

View the original post :