I have configured the JBoss-3.2.5 on Sun Box and I have chaged the JNDI Port
from 1099 to 10099 (ie NamingService MBean Port from 1099 to 10099) in
<JBOSS-3.2.5 _HOME>/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml. And I have started
the Jboss using run.sh, It got started with OUT ERRORs and all pther
functionalities we require  are working fine.

But when I stop the JBoss-3.2.5 on this sun box it always look for 1099 port
and says Failed to connect to 1099 and throws below error. his forces us to use
kill command to bring the server down.

On further debug I found that 1099 was got hardcoded in jndi.properties in
shutdown.jar, we have tried by changing this jndi.properties but couldn't help
much.

11:42:31,298 WARN  [NamingContext] Failed to connect to localhost:1099
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099
[Root exception is javax.namin
g.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root
exception is java.net.ConnectE
xception: Connection refused]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:213)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1185)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:516)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:188)
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to
server localhost:1099 [Root exceptio
n is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:187)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:309)
        at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:211)
        at
org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:69)
        at
org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:62)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:183)
        ... 5 more
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not
obtain connection to any of these ur
ls: localhost:1099
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1198)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:516)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:509)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:188)

Thanks in Advance
Ram

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3956233#3956233