Would it be possible to send me some sample code ?

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Coetmeur, Alain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: woensdag 12 december 2001 09:46
To: 'Kazandjian Erik'; jboss-user@lists. sourceforge. net (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] Timer bean

ye.

>Has anyone tried it before?
yes, and I've just done it.
quite easy.

juste derive the schedulable interface...

someproblem if you call EJB. remove the interfaces
used in the schdulable class, from the deployed ejb jars
otherwise some by value classes loaded globally in the mbean context
may bump (class cast exception in $proxy) with the same loaded from the EJB,
for webapps clients.

my own solution was to declare a generic EJB Remote interface
similar to Schedulable, and deploy EJB implementation whithout the interface

that are suposed to be "well known".

> What exactly is the
> purpose of the
> schedular service, can I use it to call a specific method on
> an  instance at
> a given moment.

as far as I know it is done to call a method a a regular period,
not at a given date/time.. however
you may look at the scheduler mbean and modify it
to be waked up at the good date, or to be waked up
every minute, read your internal schedule, and decide
if something is to be done.

most complexity in the schduler mbean is about
dynamic call of the constructor...
if you restrict to static signature,
you can make your own scheduler variant easily.

you may also, as I teold before, declare a
schedulable object to be called every minute
and which use an internal agenda.

> Has anyone an example of these services that go a bit
> further than just the logging example of in documentation.

Mines, maybe...

the first version was doing the task from a Schedulable class

theseconde version is a redesign of the scheduler class
that call an EjbSchedulable remote interface...