You can report bugs at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss

The configuration you need was posted earlier today
have a look at
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/10767/25/7563486/

the file to change is $JBOSS_HOME/conf/catalina/jboss.jcml
make sure you don't choose another port JBoss needs,
e.g. 1099 for Naming Service or 8082 for the JMX HTML adapter, etc.

It is hardcoded if you don't specify it.

Regards,
Adrian