As For Me:
  I consider jar file like a sentence in the text. A sentence expresses a
finished (complete) thought and I see jar file to contain some finished
(complete) set of class files to perform some task(s). Thus, including
helper-classes, state-holder-classes and not limited to only one EJB. I
think, it's insufficient to place each EJB in a separate jar file.
  As to third party jar files, if my application is an ear file I'll put
them in the ear and set classpath in the manifest file. If I have many ear
files need the same third party jar files then I'll add them in the global
classpath.

  Other thoughts?

alex