Hi everybody,
I wrotea RA written under JBoss 2.4.4
I'm trying to load a huge number of properties from a custom properties file.
More specifically I need to load class names for a factory of reply messages
from my EIS. Once my managedConnection get a reply from the host, it analyzes
the stream from the host and it dinamically instantiates an appropiate object
to represent the reply.
JBoss permit to specifies managedConnection custom properties in a javabean
style through the ra.xml file.
Given that I could have more than 50 different replies, it's not suitable
for me to specify 50 different methods in the ManagedConnectionFactory in
a javabean style and then add all these properties in my ra.xml file.
So I'm trying to have a separate properties file containing fully qualified
class names keyed by a parameter specific to my host which univocally identifies
them. I added this properties file in my xxx_ra.jar file and then I try to load
it when my ManagedConnectionFactory is instantiated by the app server.
I'm not able to "see" this file from the classloader.

I tryed something like :

Properties actionMappings = new Properties();

actionMappings.load(ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream(
                     "com/notio/connector/ra/commands.properties") );

And also something like:

URL url = MyManagedConnectionFactory.class.getResource(
                       "com/notio/connector/ra/commands.properties");

Both methods fail to find this file in the classpath...

Any idea or suggestion ?

Thank you in advance
--
Davide

"Experience is what you get... when you were expecting something else."