Hi,

This has been reported many times before.
The problems is the windows terminal. Sometimes it
goes to sleep. When JBoss tries to log to the console,
it blocks.
You can see this easily, by holding the scroll bar
during boot-up. This also causes to terminal to stop
receiving input and jboss stops.
The best thing, is NOT start jboss from a
console on windows, or turn off logging to the
console. You can still see the logging in log/server.log

Regards,
Adrian