On Tuesday 16 April 2002 23:35, Dmitri Colebatch wrote:

Hi,

> Are you entering the world of JBoss from another EJB server, or fresh?

Fresh.

>  If
> you're entering fresh, and learning EJB, then I dont imagine the
> differences between 2.4 and 3.0 would bother you too much at first

I am more concernern with documentation etc., which is very important when
you are getting into something new.  The 'book'  is for 2.4, yet a lot of the
discussion on the lists/forums is about about 3.  I don't want to order the
'book' and post questions about 2.4,. only to be told to move to 3 because it
is X, Y and Z

> As I understand it, everything in 2.4 is also in 3.0, but there've
> been several significant architecture changes.

Are these on the 'inside' or 'outside'?

> also - the book covers 2.4, which would be a good argument for starting
> there.

This is what I currently favour, but it would be good to know the differences
between 2 and 3.  I can't belive they are two great, especially as the 2.4
'book' is not published here in the UK for another few weeks, and it would be
a bad marketing effort to release a new, incompatible version before the book
for the previous version is out.

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
  1:04am  up 109 day, 13:15,  1 user,  load average: 1.49, 1.27, 1.24