Yeah, thanks - I should have mentioned that I was just doing a quick audit
of that box and don't have execution privileges!!!!

It was in server.log - eventually (at the end of the startup).  Obvious -
I've looked at that line enough times over the last few months.  Didn't
show up in my scan of server.log because the last time I started locally I
aborted it before startup completed!

The point I was making was that I have had a number of times in my career
to go into sites where you have to find out what is deployed PDQ, and
anything that helps with that will be gratefully received.

Cheers

/david