Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to recovery a remote client standalone application from
a shutdown  or a crash of my JBoss server.

My Client successfully lookup for an EJB on JBoss and start to call remote
methods through a classic lookup method:

InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext();
Object tmp = iniCtx.lookup("susa_edi_gw/GatewayEDISUSA");
GatewayEDISUSAHome home = (GatewayEDISUSAHome) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(tmp,
GatewayEDISUSAHome.class);
return home.create();

At one point I shutdown JBoss. The next remote call get an exception (of
course)... Then I startup JBoss again.
There is no way to successfully lookup and instantiate a remote Object.
Actually I can look up objects but I get a ClassCastException when I call the:

Object obj = javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(remoteObject, classType);

I tried nearly everything: closing initialContext and initializing everything
again... nothing !!!

PLEASE Help !!!!

Should I restart all the remote clients when my server goes down and start up
again ?

Davide De benedictis