Hi,

Well, I got it to work one way, but not the other way.. Here's the error:

02:10:42,957 ERROR [XmlFileLoader] failed to load jboss.xml.  There could
be a syntax error.
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error in jboss.xml for Bean
ezbpc.ejb.ebay.EBayOrderUpdateMDB: ejb-ref ejb/ebay/Order found in
jboss.xml but not in ejb-jar.xml

here's my MDB ejb-ref in ejb-jar.xml:

       <message-driven >
          <ejb-local-ref >
             <ejb-ref-name>ejb/ebay/OrderLocal</ejb-ref-name>
             <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
             <local-home>ezbpc.ejb.interfaces.OrderLocalHome</local-home>
             <local>ezbpc.ejb.interfaces.OrderLocal</local>
             <ejb-link>ebay/Order</ejb-link>
          </ejb-local-ref>
       </message-driven>

Here's my MDB ejb-ref in jboss.xml:

       <message-driven>
          <ejb-ref>
             <ejb-ref-name>ejb/ebay/Order</ejb-ref-name>
             <jndi-name>ejb/ebay/Order</jndi-name>
          </ejb-ref>
       </message-driven>

Funny thing is that it doesn't match the ejb-ref-name in jboss.xml with the
ejb-ref-name in ejb-jar.xml.

Now, the way I got it working was to remove the ejb-ref stuff inside
jboss.xml.  This way, jboss automatically uses defaults and that works fine
since ejb-ref-name and jndi-name are the same.

I'm actually guessing that it's somehow trying to look for the <ejb-ref> in
ejb-jar.xml and isn't making a consideration to look for the data inside a
<ejb-local-ref> as well.

So am I still doing something stupid? :)

Thanks,
Chris

PGP at ldap://certserver.pgp.com/