Hi, I am new to J2EE and JBoss. I am attempting to write a simple hello
world example to try and get thing up an running. The problem I am
getting is that I get a message back that says that it can't find the
servlet that I am trying to load.

I have a simple servlet class that prints out "Hello World". The source
to it is as follows:

package net.cordata.HelloWorld.web;

import java.io.IOException;
import javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream;
import javax.servlet.ServletException;
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

public class HelloWorld extends HttpServlet
{
    public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
        throws IOException, ServletException
    {
                res.setContentType("text/plain");
                ServletOutputStream out = res.getOutputStream();
                out.println("Hello World!");
    }
}

I have this place in a WAR file under
/WEB-INF/classes/net/cordata/HelloWorld/web, and have the following
web.xml file in my /WEB-INF directory:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>

    <display-name>Hello World</display-name>
    <description>
        Testing using hello world to get servlets working,
        and to get directory strucuture setup, and to get
        template build system.
    </description>

    <context-param>
      <param-name>webmaster</param-name>
      <param-value>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</param-value>
      <description>
        The webmaster of the app
      </description>
    </context-param>

   <servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>net.cordata.HelloWorld.web.HelloWorld</servlet-class>
   </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/helloworld</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <session-config>
      <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>    <!-- 30 minutes -->
    </session-config>

</web-app>

Finally I have the WAR file placed in a EAR file which has a
application.xml file in META-INF as follows:

<application>
        <display-name>Hello World</display-name>
        <description>An example application</description>
        <module>
                <web>
                        <web-uri>HelloWorld.war</web-uri>
                        <context-root>/helloworld</context-root>
                </web>
        </module>
</application>

The when I load up http://<myhost>:8080/helloworld/helloworld I get a
message stating that it could not find class:

net.cordata.HelloWorld.web.HelloWorld

I have searched everywhere I can think of and tried all sorts of
variations, but no luck. If I am doing something stupid because I am new
at this I would greatly appreciate someone pointing out to me what.
Thanks,

--
Eric Anderson
CorData Inc.