>From: "Tim Fox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] What is the CVS Password for anonymous user?
>Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:38:35 +0100
>
>are you behind a firewall? - if so you need to open port 2401

Sorry if already anvsered - digging through a lot of mails now :) There is another
solution if you are behing a firewall. Read on this clip:

"How can I access CVS services from behind a firewall?

Access to the project CVS servers is provided via SSH (for developers) and the CVS
pserver protocols (for non-developers). SSH uses TCP port 22; CVS pserver uses TCP
port 2401. Many firewalls block outbound traffic on these ports, thus preventing
SourceForge.net developers and users from accessing the project CVS servers. To work
around this limitation, we now offer the ability to connect to the project CVS servers
using alternate ports (using different hostnames).

To access the project CVS server using SSH from behind a firewall, you may connect to
port 80 of cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net. Traffic to port 80 of cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net is
redirected to cvs.sourceforge.net. The SSH host fingerprint for
cvs-ssh.sourceforge.net will match that of cvs.sourceforge.net.

To access the project CVS server using anonymous pserver-based access from behind a
firewall, you may connect to port 80 of cvs-pserver.sourceforge.net. Traffic to port
80 of cvs-pserver.sourceforge.nte is redirected to cvs.sourceforge.net."

/L