We had a similar problem that we solved just this morning. Our problem
was the naming of the db service. The 'Jndi-Name' was set to the same
name as all other 'name's in the service file and that screwed things up
for some reason, even though the logs and the MBean Viewer stated that
it deployed alright. After changing the Jndi-Name to something else
everything started working.

Could that be your problem?

Regards /Marcus

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 11:42, Ionel Gardais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that the module-option's are not used by the authentication policy.
>
> For testing this, I have voluntarly change the principalsQuery from :
> <snip>
>   <module-option name="principalsQuery">select Password from Principals where
> PrincipalID=?</module-option>
> </snip>

> <snip>
>   <module-option name="principalsQuery">select Password from
> Princiiiiiiiiiipals where PrincipalID=?</module-option>
> </snip>
>
> After restarting JBoss to use the new config, I still get the same error (the
> database used is the defaultDS database using hsqldb) and, as you can notice
> in the error message provided, the query for retrieving the principal is not
> modified with my messed up query.
>
> <snip>
> [DatabaseServerLoginModule] Query failed
> java.sql.SQLException: Table not found: PRINCIPALS in statement [select
> Password from Principals where PrincipalID='valid']
>         at org.hsqldb.Trace.getError(Trace.java:180)
>         at org.hsqldb.Result.<init>(Result.java:175)
>         at org.hsqldb.jdbcConnection.executeHSQL(jdbcConnection.java:907)
> </snip>
>

> I don't think JBoss corrects my queries on the fly so I guess these tags (the
> three module-option) are not used.
>

> Any ideas ?
> thanks,
> ionel
>

> Scott M Stark wrote:
>
> > You already have by
> > <module-option name="dsJndiName">java:/PasswordDS</module-option>
> >
> > You have to validate that java:/PasswordDS actually points to your
> > database connection factory.
> >
> > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Scott Stark
> > Chief Technology Officer
> > JBoss Group, LLC
> > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marcus Ahnve                          email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lecando AB                            Office: +46-(0)8-634 94 18
Sweden                                Mobile: +46-(0)70-462 19 18
www.lecando.com                       ICQ#: 4564879

PGP: 891C 2F84 7CA2 F9F7 9B87 EC2F D93B 961B 4441 9BA2
 B941 DB1A