So I finally have the combination Catalina/SSL working.
Now I want RMI over SSL.
When I change this in jboss-service.xml:
  <!-- RMI/JRMP invoker -->
  <mbean code="org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker"
         name="jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmp">
    <attribute name="RMIObjectPort">4444</attribute>
    <attribute
name="RMIClientSocketFactory">org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLClientSocketFactory</attribute>
    <attribute
name="RMIServerSocketFactory">org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLServerSocketFactory</attribute>
    <!--
    <attribute name="RMIServerSocketAddr">custom</attribute>
    -->
  </mbean>

I get this NullPointerException when I start jBoss:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.jboss.security.ssl.DomainServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(DomainServerSocketFactory.java:111)
    at
org.jboss.security.ssl.DomainServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(DomainServerSocketFactory.java:84)
    at
org.jboss.security.ssl.RMISSLServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(RMISSLServerSocketFactory.java:68)
    at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newServerSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:615)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.listen(TCPTransport.java:231)
    at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(TCPTransport.java:178)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:382)
    at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:116)

What am I doing wrong?