These are a few things that we had to find out by searching the
archives, some easier than others. Please ignore if this is already
added.

        1. The JMS-chapter hardly mentions durable subscriptions. It
           took us a while to locate jbossmq-state.xml (grep:ing the
           src):-).
        2. Jetty requires a realm-name using FORM based login even
           though the spec says it is only used for BASIC
           authentication.
        3. If you are trying to setup a new datasource and it fails, the
           Hypersonic datasource seems to become the default. This can
           be quite confusing.
        4. Log4j is configured by the conf/log4j.xml file.
        5. We could not get our application to work, understandably,
           because we did not have a ClientloginModule set up. But when
           trying to solve it it took a while before we found the
           answer, since I did not expect my standard way of setting the
           RMI could be faulty. For ignorant users like me that only
           skims the doco, you might want to put it under a heading
           named 'application clients' or something like that.

Anyway, the docs were a great help, we have now succesfully migrated a
quite large J2EE app from Orion to JBoss3.

Regards /Marcus

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 02:43, Andreas Schaefer wrote:
> Hi Geeks
>
> I am going to finish the JBoss 3.0 Quick Guide that
> can be found under
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22866&release_id=97289
>
> So if you have feedback for it please send it directly
> to me. Note that the template project is a separate
> download just underneath the Quick Guide.
>
> Have a nice day
>
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Andreas Schaefer
> Senior Consultant
> JBoss Group, LLC
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marcus Ahnve                          email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lecando AB                            Office: +46-(0)8-634 94 18
Sweden                                Mobile: +46-(0)70-462 19 18
www.lecando.com                       ICQ#: 4564879

PGP: 891C 2F84 7CA2 F9F7 9B87 EC2F D93B 961B 4441 9BA2
 B941 DB1A