Thanks Uros - it's late here, but you have inspired me.  I'll let you know how I go.

Regards

Alan.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Uroš Jurglič [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Wed 17/07/2002 11:01 PM
        To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
        Subject: [JBoss-user] RE: JBoss timer-service examples

        This might be helpful: http://www.jboss.org/online-manual/HTML/ch11s58.html
        You might reconsider using Scheduled MBean (and scheduling it with Scheduler
MBean), which seems much more straitforward and simple to use than Timer MBean. The
info on it is also at the bottom of mentioned link, but you can check also
scheduler-service.xml in your jboss3 deploy dir.

        Greetings,
        Uros.