Hello all,
I've got the EJB layer for my application mostly implemented, and I'm
ready to attach a web tier as the client.  I'm using jboss3.0.x with
integrated tomcat.

I'm using a postgres datasource and my schema has a 'user' table (with
id, username & password fields) and a 'role' table that relates the user
(id) to 0 or more roles.  Also, my usernames are not unique by
themselves, but they are unique when coupled with a user/domain pair.
 However, the user id's are unique and are my primary key.

Here's my question/issue:  I would like to use as much of the J2EE
framework as I can to perform authentication and permissions, but am not
sure what/where I should be looking.  Do I have to configure JbossSX to
do this?  Or is there some other facility that I should be looking at?
 I don't want to home grow a solution as I would like to have my
security integrated with that of the EJB layer if possible.

I'm totally open to suggestions and advice.  Can somebody help point me
in the right direction?  Any examples that I can look at?

Thanks in advance,
gary.