I also use Thawte, and personally have moved ALL of my business away
from Verisign (I have one more domain out of a few hundred left to
move).  I use Thawte's "supercert" product.  They are going up on their
prices on 8/5 though.  At $300 I don't think they are really
inexpensive, but their service is good.

gary.