At 09:11 AM 7/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>CGJ (& anyone else familiar with JBoss deployment),
>
> > This is IMHO true for all jars/sars/ears/etc deployed in jboss and
> > therefore, the tmp directory is not deleted until the next startup of
>Jboss.
>
>O.K., I'll buy that.  Let me rephrase my question.  I'd like to be able to
>deploy, undeploy, and re-deploy my web service without restarting JBoss.  Is
>this even possible?  If so, how can I do this?  I have tried the following
>procedure without success.
>
>1) copy .wsr to deploy directory
>2) remove .wsr from deploy directory
>3) copy new version of .wsr to deploy directory
>
>The only procedure I've found that works is
>
>1) copy .wsr to deploy directory
>2) remove .wsr from deploy directory
>3) restart JBoss
>4) copy new version of .wsr to deploy directory
>
>Is there a better way?
>
>- Matt Munz

Matt and Christoph,

for what it's worth, this is what I've found to be the procedure too.
Although I must add that this only applies to the wsr and not to any
underlying jar or war files, which take the changes ok. It is only the
web-service.xml file which doesn't like being changed without a restart.

Cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce A. Scharlau
Dept. of Computing Science