Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 4:17 AM
Subject: [JBoss-user] CMR...

Hi,

I'm trying to populate the jboss default DB (Hypersonic)
using CMR but it doesn't work (I use JBoss 3.0):

I have 2 entity bean (Person and Element) which have
a relationship 'one-to-many' unidirectionnal.
When I deploy my component in jboss, it automatically
create 2 tables in the DB : Element (with a relation column)
and Person => OK

When I create a Person entity, jboss just add it
in the Person table => OK
When I create an Element entity, jboss just add it
in the Element table (leaving relation column at 'null').=> OK
(I didn't chose to pass a 'Person' directly in the ejbCreate()
method of the Element entity bean, but just to have
setPerson() and getPerson() methods)

But when I call myElement.setPerson(myPerson), I get this
error message :

[java] java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
[java]     java.rmi.ServerException: null; CausedByException is:
[java]     $Proxy82; nested exception is:
[java]     javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is:
[java]     $Proxy82
[java] java.rmi.ServerException: null; CausedByException is:
[java]     $Proxy82; nested exception is:
[java]     javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is:
[java]     $Proxy82
[java] javax.ejb.EJBException: null; CausedByException is:
[java]     $Proxy82
[java]     at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
[java]     at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
[java]     at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
[java]     at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
[java]     at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:128)
[java]     at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:108)
[java]     at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:73)
[java]     at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:76)
[java]     at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.EntityInterceptor.invoke(EntityInterceptor.java:116)
[java]     at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:76)
[java]     at $Proxy8.setPerson(Unknown Source)
[java]     at DataPopulate.createElements(DataPopulate.java:397)
[java]     at DataPopulate.main(DataPopulate.java:45)
[java] java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy82
[java]     <<no stack trace available>>
[java]

Could anyone explain to me whats wrong?
Thanks for any advice.