In my ejb-jar.xml file I have:

      <method-permission >
         <description>description not supported yet by
ejbdoclet</description>
         <unchecked/>
         <method >
            <description>description not supported yet by
ejbdoclet</description>
            <ejb-name>ClientSessionBean</ejb-name>
            <method-name>*</method-name>
         </method>
      </method-permission>

and other ones like:

   <method-permission >
      <description>description not supported yet by ejbdoclet</description>
      <unchecked/>
      <method >
         <description><![CDATA[]]></description>
         <ejb-name>ClientSessionBean</ejb-name>
         <method-intf>Remote</method-intf>
         <method-name>authenticate</method-name>
         <method-params>
            <method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
            <method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
            <method-param>java.lang.String</method-param>
         </method-params>
      </method>
   </method-permission>

Is my syntax wrong?  Oddly enough, I've even tried removing ALL the
method permissions but leaving the security domain enabled, and still
cannot call into the bean.  I'm doing something else wrong I think.
 Now, to find out what it is!  :)

gary.